This Workout Playlist Can Help You Burn More Fat
Whether you're training for your next 5K, lifting heavy to maximize your gains, or just looking to trim belly fat, let's face it—trying to exercise without your headphones just feels wrong. Plus, it's beyond boring. But even if you are jamming out during your workouts, if you haven't updated your playlist recently or simply rely on Pandora's random shuffle to power you through, you might not be making the most of your sweat sesh. Because, as it turns out, the tempo of the music you listen to during your workout can majorly influence your results.
Upbeat music in the 120 to 140 beats per minute (BPM) range can help distract you from workout fatigue and improve endurance by 15 percent, according to Researchers at Brunel University's School of Sport and Education. Which is good news because the longer and harder you workout, the more calories and fat you'll burn. Plus, jamming to upbeat, high-energy music can increase the amount of endorphins your body releases, which equals a happier you.
Sound like results you're interested in? We figured it might! To make things a little easier for you curate the ultimate fat-blasting workout, we've researched the BPMs of some of our favorite songs and rounded up a 30-minute playlist that's sure to motivate you through even the most tedious of workouts. And while you're waiting for these songs to download, check out these 20 Weight Loss Tricks You Haven't Tried to help the weight come off even faster!
"This is What You Came For" by Calvin Harris featuring Rihanna
"Never Be Like You" by Flume featuring Kai (Martin Solveig remix)
"Kids" by MGMT
"Hotline Bling" by Drake
"FML" by Kanye West featuring The Weeknd
"Crystalised" by The XX
"No Problem" by Chance the Rapper featuring 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne
More content from Weight Loss
- – Best Eating Habits from 7 People Who Successfully Lost Belly Fat
- – 19 Weight Loss Foods That Really Work, Say Experts
- – 6 Ways Eating Quinoa Helps You Lose Weight, Say Dietitians
- – 5 Best Dessert Habits to Lose Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – The Worst Foods for Your Body, According to Science
- – 9 High-Protein Breakfast Ideas to Help You Lose Weight
- – This Popular Diet Doesn't Actually Work, Says New Study
- – 7 Best Breakfasts with Fruit to Shrink Belly Fat, Say Dietitians