Woman Loses 112 Pounds By Making This Simple Diet Change
Even so, we guzzle away. Many people don't realize just how much of an impact cola has on their health and weight-loss efforts. Consider one British woman who used to consume four liters of Coca-Cola daily and lost almost half her bodyweight after giving up the drink. Sarah Turner, 27, of Kingstanding, Birmingham, dropped a whopping 112 pounds and eight dress sizes after making the simple diet change, Caters News reported. She now weighs 126 pounds.
Though it was an effective slim-down strategy, we can't say we're too shocked by her results. When Turner gave Coke the ax, she subsequently cut 424 grams of sugar from her daily diet, which is what you'd find in 550 jelly beans. And all the excess sugar and caffeine wasn't just weighing her down, it was causing her energy to plummet, too. "I was most definitely addicted to Coke. I was always tired and had no energy to do anything, but now I can take my children out and run around in the park with them," Turner said in a recent interview.
Eat This! Tip
Weight loss and improved energy are just two of the many perks of kicking soda to the curb for good. To make it happen, set small, achievable goals. For instance, if you have a two-a-day habit, cut back to one. The following week, aim to consume no more than two or three cans a week — and better yet, make them the homemade, all-natural variety, free of harmful chemicals. Continue weaning yourself off the stuff until you've cut it out of your diet altogether.
More content from Weight Loss
- – Best Eating Habits from 7 People Who Successfully Lost Belly Fat
- – 19 Weight Loss Foods That Really Work, Say Experts
- – 6 Ways Eating Quinoa Helps You Lose Weight, Say Dietitians
- – 5 Best Dessert Habits to Lose Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – The Worst Foods for Your Body, According to Science
- – 9 High-Protein Breakfast Ideas to Help You Lose Weight
- – This Popular Diet Doesn't Actually Work, Says New Study
- – 7 Best Breakfasts with Fruit to Shrink Belly Fat, Say Dietitians