The One Thing You Shouldn't Be Doing at Walmart
Walmart pulled the one-way aisle stickers up off the floor and opened more than one entrance again, but other safety measures are still in place. Don't forget a mask or to stay six feet apart from other customers. It's also best to keep your trips to the supermarket short and sweet—and this is actually one mistake many people are making at Walmart right now.
Though people are going to Walmart less, they're shopping inside for longer periods of time, according to new data. The statistics, released by Placer.ai, show average visits per customer between March and October fell by 13%. Fewer people may be inside a store at any given time, but the amount of time shoppers spend indoors is up by almost 10%, according to The Real Deal. (The next time you need to shop, keep in mind the 8 Grocery Items That May Soon Be in Short Supply.)
As we now know, COVID-19 can be spread through airborne transmission. Because of this, the CDC recommends using online shopping when possible. If you do need to shop in-store, go at off hours during the morning or night. Making a shopping list to help guide you while you're there is one helpful tool for cutting time spent inside, too.
"If possible, limit visiting the grocery store, or other stores selling household essentials, in person," the agency's website says. "In general, the more closely you interact with others and the longer that interaction, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spread."
Another way to avoid this Walmart mistake? Skip a trip inside in the coming days, and take advantage of the retailer's free Halloween events instead. During the second half of October, more than 100 Walmart parking lots around the country will be decorated for the holiday. Socially distanced trick-or-treating and other spooky sights will be there (and you may stay as long as you like).
For more grocery store safety tips delivered to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now