Here's How You Can Enjoy Walmart's Free Summer Entertainment
About a month ago, Walmart announced their upcoming summer plans to turn 160 Supercenter parking lots into drive-in movie theaters for family-friendly (and socially distanced!) fun. Now, the retailer finally unveiled new details about their highly anticipated movie tour, made possible through their partnership with the folks of the Tribeca Film Festival.
The drive-ins are officially opening to the public on August 14, and will be running all the way through to October 21. Even better? Entrance will be completely free to all Walmart customers. That's a whole lotta free movies under the stars!
Starting today at 5 p.m. ET, you can visit their drive-in website to book your spot and find information about locations and dates for each stop of the movie tour. According to Walmart's press release, we can expect 320 movie showings in total.
And what's on the lineup you ask? Inspiring sports stories like Friday Night Lights and The Karate Kid; blockbuster franchises including Black Panther and Pokémon Detective Pikachu; and animated features every member of the family can enjoy like Cars, The Lego Movie, and Madagascar, among others.
Besides the opportunity for socially distanced movie watching straight from the comfort of your car, the initiative will also include special appearances by celebrities and filmmakers like Drew Barrymore, LeBron James, and Jennifer Garner.
"We recognize the challenges our customers and their families have faced over the last few months and we wanted to create an experience where they could come together safely to create new memories," said Janey Whiteside, Walmart's Chief Customer Officer. "The Walmart Drive-in is one small way we're supporting the communities we serve."
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest Walmart news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now