Sweet PotaTOASTS Will Be Your New Favorite Bread Alternative
By now, you can expect trendy toasts to come in many forms. There's just some kind of magic that happens when you pile toast high with all of your favorite toppings. From sweet to savory, there's no wrong way to enjoy a humble piece of toast.
Just when we thought we might need a slight breather from avocado toast—because we've had more than we'd like to admit—sweet potato toast stepped in, and we've been obsessed ever since. You don't have to worry about a soggy, mushy mess either: One company has rolled out ready-to-make roasted sweet potato slices, and we're naming them the first step to the easiest breakfast ever.
Vegolutionary Foods, a platform all about vegetable-based foods, has released Sweet PotaTOASTS as its first-ever frozen toast. It's a gluten-free option that's only made with one simple ingredient: roasted sweet potatoes. With more and more people ditching gluten from their diets, this is an ideal whole grain alternative. Sweet PotaTOASTS is vegan and non-GMO, and it doesn't use artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Plus, because it comes from real vegetables, it's a great source of both vitamins A and C. It clocks in at only 80 calories per serving, which means you can eat three slices of delicious sweet potato for under 100 calories. Try it with nut butters and apples, smoked salmon and a hard-boiled egg, or cottage cheese and strawberries for something dessert-worthy.
After you've run to the store to try this for yourself, you can pop it in the toaster or toaster oven for 1-2 cycles, throw it in the oven for 12-15 minutes on 350 degrees, or place it onto a skillet for 5 minutes per side on medium-high heat. The new toasts are a blank slate for whatever you want—it's truly up to you. Sweet PotaTOASTS is launching now at Sprouts Farmers Market and Amazon.com.
More content from Groceries
- – The #1 Worst Canned Tuna to Buy, Says Dietitian
- – I Tried 6 Fruit Snacks, and This Was My Favorite
- – I've Tasted 5 Low-Sugar Yogurts, and This Was My Favorite
- – Shoppers Are Avoiding This Popular Grocery Item, Says New Report
- – 7 Healthiest New Snacks At America's Largest Grocery Chain
- – 7 Healthiest New Frozen Items At America's Largest Grocery Chain
- – ALDI Just Added These 5 New Frozen Foods—Here's What to Get
- – 9 Healthy New Breakfasts on Grocery Store Shelves, Dietitians Say