A Twinkies Cereal Is Coming. Here's What Everyone Is Saying About It
If you're a cereal lover for whom brands such as Reese's Puffs or Cocoa Krispies just don't measure up in the sugar department, do we have some news for you! This week, Hostess and Post Consumer Brands announced that they're joining forces to release a Post Hostess Twinkies Cereal.
No, it's not a joke.
We know what you're thinking: Didn't Twinkie die in 2012 after Hostess declared bankruptcy?
Short answer: Yes!
So far, the responses to the Twinkies cereal news across social media have been nothing short of hilarious.
Many Twinkie fans can't wait:
Others are simply curious:
One fan even called it a "miracle."
Meanwhile, medical professionals are starting to sound the alarm:
As you can imagine, Twinkies cereal isn't exactly trying to compete head-on with Grape Nuts or Kashi GoLean. A single serving comes packed with 180 calories, 16 grams of sugar, 6 grams of saturated fat, and just 1 gram of protein.
"Knowing that taste remains the number-one purchase driver of cereal, we conducted multiple consumer tests," said Josh Jans, Brand Manager of Cereal Partnerships at Post Consumer Brands. "The new Twinkies Cereal delivered. We think fans will find that it not only tastes great with milk but also outside the bowl."
It's not Post Consumer Brands' first cereal brand crossover. The company once experimented with a Chips Ahoy cereal, an Oreo cereal, and—in an absolutely horrifying move—a Sour Patch Kids cereal.
When the Twinkies cereal hits shelves in late December, it will cost around $4. There's just one downside: No cream filling. And if you're seeking a much, much healthier way to start your day, know that This Cereal Is the Healthiest Way to Start Your Day.
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – The Worst Breakfast Foods You Should Never Start Your Day With
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots