Starbucks' New Menu Change Is Making Customers Angry
After releasing the long-awaited PSL to the pumpkin-loving public on September 5th, Starbucks also snuck something else onto their menu. According to Business Insider, the java giant increased prices on brewed coffee, certain espresso drinks, cookies, and the bacon Gouda breakfast sandwich by 10 to 30 cents each. "We expect 10% of the U.S. customer's average customer ticket to increase by about 0.5% as a result of these beverage adjustments," Starbucks spokeswoman Sanja Gould dished to Business Insider regarding the company's first price hike since November 2016.
But before you get busy adjusting your 'Bux budget, note that these changes aren't nationwide. Continuing their tight-lipped protocol, Starbucks didn't fill us in on how many of its 8,000 U.S. locations will be implementing these price hikes—but they did explain why. "Pricing is continually evaluated on a product-by-product and market-by-market basis in our stores in order to balance business needs while continuing to provide value to our loyal customers," Gould said.
One thing's for sure: next time we hit up our local Sbux, we'll keep an eye out for whether these 10 Healthy Starbucks Secret Menu Items are a tad pricier. Fingers crossed they aren't.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – The Best Themed Restaurant in Every State
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – The Best Dessert Menu in Every State
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers