The Caramel Apple Spice Is Starbucks' Most Underrated Fall Drink
For Starbucks fans, fall and the PSL are pretty much synonymous. But the pumpkin-flavored coffee drink isn't the only fall-themed drink you can get at the chain. Starbucks' Caramel Apple Spice is perfect for fans who don't drink coffee but want to get in on the seasonal action.
What's in the Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice drink?
The Caramel Apple Spice is, essentially, a fancier version of hot apple cider. Starbucks describes it as "steamed apple juice complemented with cinnamon syrup, whipped cream and caramel sauce drizzle." But calling it apple juice is a disservice—this drink has all the spicy, cinnamon flavor you'd expect from a hot mug of cider.
Can you customize the Caramel Apple Spice?
If you're ordering on the Starbucks app, there's not a whole lot you can do to switch up the drink. But if you order it in person, there are a few switches you can make. For one thing, you can add all the pumpkin joy of the PSL without having to get the coffee-based version. As Starbucks suggested in a blog post, you can ask your barista to add two pumps of pumpkin syrup into the drink. Cider and pumpkin? Now that's the perfect taste of fall. (Another pumpkin option? Ask a barista to add the syrup into an unsweetened iced tea—also delicious.)
And while the app won't let you add toppings onto the Caramel Apple Spice, save for the whipped cream and caramel syrup, you could ask your barista to customize things there, too. A layer of crunchy caramel topping (which typically comes on the Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino) or a dusting of cinnamon dolce topping would make the drink even more decadent.
If you're not a coffee drinker, or you just want to switch things up, the Caramel Apple Spice is worth a try. It's the perfect compliment to curling up with a book, walking through the park on a crisp day, or just making the workday afternoon a little brighter. And, of course, it's the ideal drink to go with all of your pumpkin-spiced snacks.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – Starbucks Just Released Two Exciting New Summer Items
- – Your Starbucks Habit Will Keep Getting More Expensive, The Company Says
- – Copycats of McDonald's and Other Fast-Food Chains Are Popping Up Here
- – This Iconic Symbol of Starbucks Could Soon Be Phased Out, the Company Says
- – More Than 250,000 Cases of This Starbucks Drink Are Being Recalled
- – Starbucks Just Added This New Major Drink to the Menu
- – This Fast-Food Chain Is Quickly Becoming the Biggest In the World