Spanish-Style Pizza with Romesco Sauce, Spinach, and Artichoke Hearts
Why bother going to a gourmet pizzeria when you can easily make a restaurant-level pizza right at home—and for half the calories? This Spanish-style pizza recipe with romesco sauce is the kind of pizza that we dream about: Flavorful red sauce, lots of vegetables, and crumbled goat cheese. Plus, with all of those flavors packed together, this Spanish-style pizza is bound to be a dinner you'll fall in love with.
Recipe development by Sue Hoss.
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
3 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
8 oz. whole-wheat pizza dough
2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry, and chopped
3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. For the Romesco sauce, in a food processor combine the next five ingredients (through cayenne pepper). Pulse until almonds are finely chopped. Add roasted red peppers, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil, the honey, salt, and black pepper; process until nearly smooth. Set Romesco sauce aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 12-inch round, letting dough rest as needed. Transfer round to the prepared baking sheet; brush with the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is set and starts to brown.
- Spread Romesco sauce over crust. Top with spinach, artichoke hearts, and goat cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until crust is browned and toppings are heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper. Cut into wedges.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more recipe ideas straight to your inbox.
More content from Recipes
- – 15 Foods That Just Taste Better in the South
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites