Over 1,500 Boxes of This Food Have Been Recalled at Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's is known for premade, frozen, refrigerated, and ready meals and salads. But if you're a fan, there is one product recall you need to be aware of. About 1,500 units of the Southwest Style Sweet Potato Saute Bowl could contain undeclared allergens, according to an announcement from the FDA.
The meal contains sweet potato, jicama, poblano pepper, pico de gallo, roasted corn, and black beans. Instructions say to heat it on the stove with oil and water. It also comes with a packet of avocado and cilantro dressing that may contain undeclared milk and egg allergens. If someone who is allergic unknowingly eats the dressing it could cause a life-threatening reaction. The possible contamination was found after the bowls were shipped to Trader Joe's. (Related: Recalled foods won't be stocked at grocery stores anytime soon, and neither will these 8 Grocery Items That May Soon Be in Short Supply.)
"The dressing is located in a pouch found inside the clear 21.5 oz. bowl," the FDA says. "These bowls are sold in the refrigerated section of the store."
The report also says that the 1,500 bowls were shipped to 36 Trader Joe's locations in eight states. They are Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. The recalled bowls have a "Best By" date of 09/23/20, 09/24/20, 09/25/20, 09/26/20, and 09/28/20.
There are no reports of illnesses or injuries from the possibly contaminated dressing. The manufacturer, GHSW, LLC., says anyone with a recalled bowl can return it for a refund.
Other recalls to be aware of include Willow Tree Premium White Meat Chicken Salad Classic from Walmart, and Pretty Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and Pretty Thai Peanut Sauce at H-E-B in Texas. But unfortunately, there's more. Here are 8 Major Food Recalls You Need to Know About Right Now.
For more food news delivered straight to your inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now