Smoothie King Is Launching a New Keto-Friendly Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to start the day off on a refreshing note—especially ones that are rich in vitamins and minerals and low in added sugar. Because smoothies are often a blend of various fruits and dollops of creamy yogurt and milk, they inevitably pack a lot of carbs, which is a no-go for those who follow the popular ketogenic diet. However, that's all about to change with Smoothie King and its new low-carb Keto Champ smoothie, which debuts nationwide on August 20.
What is the Keto Champ Smoothie?
Just like any smoothie offered at Smoothie King, the Keto Champ comes in all three sizes: 20-ounce, 32-ounce, and 40-ounce cups. You can choose between either a berry keto-friendly smoothie or a coffee one, which is perfect if you haven't sipped on your morning cup of java yet. Each flavor spotlights a keto protein blend, which consists of a collagen MCT blend.
The berry smoothie contains fresh wild blueberries, raspberries, a special keto protein blend, almond butter, Califia Farms almond milk, and 100 percent cocoa. Remember, the ketogenic diet calls for a high-fat, low-carb, and moderate protein diet. In order for the body to enter into the fat-blasting state of ketosis, the body must be almost completely void of carbs. The only carbs coming from this smoothie are from the almond butter and the fruit—there aren't any added sugars in this smoothie.
While the berry flavor in this is smoothie is prominent, the flavor from the nut butter doesn't go unnoticed.
The coffee-flavored Keto Champ smoothie packs all of the same core ingredients, but swaps out the fresh berries for cold brew.
You can score a free Keto Champ smoothie for one day only.
Smoothie King likes to see their customers are leading healthy, active lifestyles, so when you walk into your local Smoothie King tomorrow, make sure to show them how many steps you walked. If you walk 10,000 steps (which is said to equal about 5 miles) before coming into the smoothie shop, you'll receive a complimentary 20-ounce Keto Champ smoothie of your choice. Make sure to lace up your running shoes and hit the pavement tomorrow before placing your order to earn that freebie!
Who's ready to try Smoothie King's Keto Champ now?
More content from Healthy Eating
- – This Eating Habit Can Significantly Improve Your Gut Health, Says New Study
- – This Popular Grocery Item Is Linked to Foodborne Illness, Says New Study
- – 4 Meat Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The #1 Best Supplement for Preventing and Treating Arthritis, New Study Suggests
- – The #1 Worst Milk That Makes Your Brain Age Faster, Says New Study
- – The #1 Eating Habit to Reduce the Effects of Stress as You Age, New Research Finds
- – Eating These Foods Regularly May Help Prevent Dementia, New Study Finds
- – This Common Food Can Reach Consumers Even If "Dangerously Contaminated" With Salmonella