Skittles, Starburst, and Life Savers Are Being Pulled From Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
A massively popular candy brand is recalling some of its fan-favorite products nationwide due to the bags potentially containing metal fragments that may have fallen in during production.
Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S. has issued a recall for its Skittles Gummies, Starburst Gummies, and LifeSavers Gummies due to the "potential presence of a very thin metal strand embedded in the gummies or loose in the bag."
Customers were the first to discover the metal inside the gummies, but luckily, the company isn't aware of any illnesses or injuries to date.
According to the FDA, the products were manufactured by a third party company and distributed in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. On the back of the package is a 10-digit manufacturing code that will be able to tell you if your product is part of the recall.
Mars Wrigley did not specify how many units of candy were affected, but said it is working on removing the recalled products from grocery store shelves, including all Walmart stores. The Starburst Gummies share pack and popular sour flavor are part of the recall, as are the LifeSavers wild berry and sour gummies.
"We are working closely with our retail partners to remove any potentially impacted products from stores," a spokesperson from Mars Wrigley said in a statement to CNN Business.
If you believe you have purchased a recalled item, you should dispose of it immediately and not consume it. Customers with questions can contact the company by calling 1-800-651-2564.
This is not the first time that a snack food has been contaminated with metal. Last November, TastyKake had to recall its chocolate cupcakes after pieces of metal mesh wire were found embedded inside the popular snack.
For more grocery news, check out 6 Most Popular Summer Snacks At Costco Right Now.
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now