Publix Could Be Opening a New Healthy Food Market Near You
As organic food continues to grow in popularity, Publix announced the opening of a GreenWise Market in Georgia. The location is the first in the state and is bringing an option for natural, wholesome foods to Marietta. Inside is 25,089 square feet of items, along with art by Marietta artist Lillian Blades, according to Supermarket News.
The healthy food market offers customers different zones full of organic products. The Care section is all health and beauty items. The Finds zone is full of cheeses and other antipasti and happy hour favorites. In the Cuts section, you'll find antibiotic- and hormone-free meat and seafood. They will also cook any seafood you buy for you if you'd like. Similar to Whole Foods' prepared area, GreenWise also has made-to-order specialties in the Eats section. Finally, grab a craft beer, kombucha, or a coffee from the Pours zone to sip on while you shop.
The first-ever GreenWise Market opened in 2018 in Tallahassee, Fla., but the healthy food market idea wasn't new. Publix began a private organic brand in 2003 and then introduced Publix GreenWise Market in 2007. This was a mix of traditional Publix stores and GreenWise Markets they operate today. It wasn't until 10 years later that they decided to open a GreenWise store on its own, according to Supermarket News.
There are other GreenWise Markets in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida, where Publix Super Markets is headquartered. Three more locations in the state are set to open soon.
Natural food has been on the rise for a while now, and during the pandemic, people wanted to eat as healthy as possible, data shows. Organic food sales went up 20% for the first few months of 2020, according to the Organic Trade Association. In a survey they sent out to over 3,000 grocery customers, 90% of them say they buy organic produce now.
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now