This Popular Chain is Selling an Insane Amount of Pizza
During the pandemic, sales of pizza largely managed to avoid a devastating slump. Pizza chains that were built to handle large volumes of delivery orders fared much better than chains scrambling to get their bearings amid complete cancellations of dine-in traffic.
Pizza giant Papa John's had reported record-breaking sales for April and March, where their same-store year-over-year sales grew by 27% and 33% respectively. Now, with the latest numbers reported for June, the chain has officially rounded out one of the best fiscal quarters in its history.
The company's recorded a 24.4% growth in domestic sales in the past month, making it crystal clear that contactless pizza delivery is one of the most sought-after food services even as states have started to reopen.
Papa John's had been struggling since 2018 but has now regained its footing under a new leadership and a quick adjustment to the new operational requirements. They've also successfully launched their new line of pizza sandwiches, the Papadias, which have significantly contributed to the growth in this quarter, according to CEO Rob Lynch.
Most recently, the chain has introduced their largest-slice pizza to date. The Shaq-a-Roni launched on June 29 and was named after Shaquille O'Neal, who is also one of the company's board members. If you need an even better reason to try it, how's this: Through August 23, Papa John's will donate $1 from every Shaq-a-Roni sold to The Papa John's Foundation for Building Community in an effort to promote "equality, fairness, respect and opportunity for all." Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurants news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu