Popeyes Is Bringing Back This Legendary Menu Item
Great news spicy chicken lovers, Popeyes just brought back one of its most popular menu items to date: The Ghost Pepper Wings, but only for a limited time.
The Ghost Pepper Wings were first introduced in 2014 and have reemerged on the menu several times over the past couple of years, but only for small bouts of time. Now, the chain has brought the beloved dish back—same recipe and all. They're still marinated in that fiery blend of peppers, but the variety that comes through the most is the mega spicy ghost pepper. (Related: 21 Best Healthy Cooking Hacks of All Time)
Just how spicy are the wings? According to the Scoville scale, which is used to measure the heat each type of pepper really packs, ghost peppers can have as much as 1,041,427 Scoville heat units. Jalapeños, on the other hand, have a heat range of 2,500 to 8,000 Scoville units so by that measure, a ghost pepper is over 400 times hotter than a mild jalapeño.
Despite how aggressive these wings sound, know they're made with love. The chicken wings sit in the spicy ghost pepper spice blend for a minimum of 12 hours before they're hand-battered, breaded, then fried. Then, six of them are packed into a box and served alongside the chain's creamy buttermilk ranch dipping sauce and a fluffy biscuit. You can get all of this for just $4.99 via the Popeyes app for delivery or for pick-up in participating stores nationwide. (Related: 5 Major Changes You'll See at Popeyes Going Forward).
The deal lasts as long as supplies last, so make sure to head into Popeyes as soon as you can to get an idea of just how spicy these wings actually are. Perhaps having a glass of milk on hand would be a wise idea?
For more, be sure to check out 5 Things You Didn't Know About Popeyes' Chicken Sandwich.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu