The Secret Ingredient The Pioneer Woman Insists You Put On Your Eggs
Ree Drummond knows what she's talking about when it comes to indulgent comfort foods and swoon-worthy breakfasts. So when she shared the secret ingredient she adds to her egg sandwich, we were very intrigued. Rather than melting cheese on top or dousing the sammy with ketchup, The Pioneer Woman adds… dijon mustard!
Courtesy of Instagram/@thepioneerwoman
Ree starts off by scrambling eggs (straight from her farm, we're guessing) with butter, half-and-half, a dash of hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Then, she spreads dijon mustard on a slice of rye toast and tops it with the rich egg scramble. She finishes it off with a sprinkle of chives, captioning her Instagram photo, "What could be better than this?!? (Mmm…maybe a little smoked salmon?)"
If you're a fan of the vinegary condiment, adding it to your eggs may be the bold breakfast move you've been looking for. Need another reason to give this recipe a shot? According to a study by England's Oxford Polytechnic Institute, the capsaicin and allyl isothiocyanates—phytochemicals that give the mustard its characteristic flavor—found in mustard seeds can help you fry fat by boosting your metabolism by up to 25 percent for several hours after eating just one teaspoon. Try this deviled egg–inspired dish for yourself along with these 25 Delicious Egg Recipes To Stay Skinny.
More content from Weight Loss
- – Best Eating Habits from 7 People Who Successfully Lost Belly Fat
- – 19 Weight Loss Foods That Really Work, Say Experts
- – 6 Ways Eating Quinoa Helps You Lose Weight, Say Dietitians
- – 5 Best Dessert Habits to Lose Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – The Worst Foods for Your Body, According to Science
- – 9 High-Protein Breakfast Ideas to Help You Lose Weight
- – This Popular Diet Doesn't Actually Work, Says New Study
- – 7 Best Breakfasts with Fruit to Shrink Belly Fat, Say Dietitians