This Mom Lost 100 Pounds Drinking This
Samantha Reese has always struggled with her weight, but her first pregnancy at age 15 and second at age 19 made things even worse. Last year, her scale clocked in at about 243 pounds. "I had been avoiding the scales for some time, but my clothes were becoming so tight I knew I needed to see how big I'd become," the 5'1 mom told The Sun. "I was shocked and immediately googled my BMI and discovered that this meant I was 'morbidly obese.' I was mortified. I knew I had to change or I might die."
That's when she decided to nix the fast food and five-cups-of-sugary-tea a day habit, and replace the stuff with nine cups of unsweetened green tea — and lost nearly 15 pounds in just one month! "I look better now than I did in my twenties," Samantha, who now weighs a healthy 130 pounds, said. So how did the hulk-colored brew help Samantha finally shed weight? Green tea is full of the metabolism-revving polyphenol, EGCG, which has been shown to maximize the breakdown of fat as well as block the formation of fat cells. In fact, a Swedish study proved that those who replaced water with green tea during their meals noticed they were less hungry — even two hours later.
In fact, food journalist Kelly Choi discovered the powers of green tea first hand. Her book, The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse, explains how the power of tea helps people beat stress, kickstart their metabolisms, sleep better, and lose up to ten pounds of belly fat. "When I did the research, I discovered it was a true superfood — or, rather, a superdrink," she tells Eat This, Not That! Choi teaches readers how to incorporate the brew (think: delicious tea-based recipes, as well as brews) into your daily routine, without feeling hungry or enduring crazy workouts. That sure sounds like a fun way to drop a jeans size!
More content from Weight Loss
- – Inflammation Caused by Excess Weight Can Trigger This Disease, New Study Says
- – This Weight Loss Method Is Causing Higher Rates of Death in Men, New Study Says
- – This One Thing Could Be Sabotaging Your Weight Loss Success, New Study Says
- – This Weight Loss Method Could Add Years to Your Life, New Study Finds
- – America's Obesity Rate Is Highest Ever Recorded, New Report Finds
- – This One Thing Makes You 3x More Likely to Die From COVID-19
- – 7 Habits of Highly Obese People