This Is the World's Shocking #1 Favorite Pizza Topping
But when it comes to global preferences, pepperoni no longer claims the top spot. In the latest pizza survey of note, Technomic polled thousands of consumers across 25 countries to determine the world's favorite toppings, according to Restaurant Business. Take a look at their interesting findings.
Chicken and Ham
Two proteins—chicken and ham—tied for first place as the choice of 53% of participants. Make it at home: Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
Second place went to pepperoni with 43% of consumers preferring this spicy topping.
Bacon was not far behind at 41%. Try this Bacon Pizza With Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese Recipe.
Salami was the next choice in line with 34% of the vote.
Shrimp and Tuna
There were even more revelations about what pizza eaters around the world like to put on their pie, which may not jive with American tastes so much. Apparently, shrimp and tuna tied as the favorites of 29% of respondents.
Other offbeat proteins included ground beef (32%), chorizo (23%), and duck (11%).
For more of the latest news in the world of fast-food pizza, check out the 6 Most Expensive Pizzas at Popular Fast-Food Chains and We Tried the Most Popular New Fast-Food Pizzas and This Is the Best One. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the top restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – This Eating Habit Can Significantly Improve Your Gut Health, Says New Study
- – The #1 Worst Breakfast Habit for High Cholesterol, Says Dietitian
- – This Popular Grocery Item Is Linked to Foodborne Illness, Says New Study
- – 4 Meat Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The #1 Best Supplement for Preventing and Treating Arthritis, New Study Suggests
- – The #1 Worst Milk That Makes Your Brain Age Faster, Says New Study
- – The #1 Eating Habit to Reduce the Effects of Stress as You Age, New Research Finds
- – Eating These Foods Regularly May Help Prevent Dementia, New Study Finds