Walmart Is Limiting How Much Toilet Paper You Can Buy Amid a National Shortage
With at least one store in every state, Walmart is a go-to destination for household staples. But finding every item on your shopping list at Walmart may be difficult right now because the retailer is facing these five shortages. Now, the low-price chain is also limiting how much toilet paper customers can buy amid a national shortage.
Toilet paper continues to be an in-demand product amid the global pandemic, and a new report from the Daily Mail reveals that Walmart is limiting implementing purchase limits at some stores in Connecticut and New York. The move isn't surprising—back in August, Costco limited the amount of toilet paper that members could buy during each trip. More recently, the warehouse chain alerted members who purchase toilet paper online to delays in processing their orders.
Shoppers are taking to social media sites like Reddit and Twitter to speak out about the shortages, with many expressing exasperation nearly two years into the pandemic. One individual reported bare shelves "most of the time" on the toilet paper aisle at their neighborhood Walmart.
Joining Costco and Walmart on the growing list of retailers placing purchase limits on toilet paper is Walmart's own Sam's Club. A member shared a picture of empty shelves at the warehouse chain dotted by signs indicating a limit of one item per customer.
In response, a Reddit user who identifies as a Costco employee described the situation as familiar. "If we get anything in, it's not a huge amount and it sells out very quickly," they said.
To find everything you need on your next grocery shopping trip, here are The Worst Walmart Shopping Mistakes You Should Never Make.
For more on what's happening at your neighborhood Walmart, check out:
- Walmart Just Made This Big Change to Its App
- 7 Changes at Walmart You Need To Know About Now
- Walmart Just Suspended Delivery and Pickup in This Area
- Walmart Worker's Emotional Rant on Loudspeaker Goes Viral
To get all of the latest Walmart news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again