Walmart Is Recalling Over 25,500 Bags of These Chips
Update: Walmart informed Eat This, Not That! on March 11 that the product never made it to stores. "The supplier made us aware of the potential product issue on February 22. Impacted products were stopped at Distribution Centers and never shipped to stores. The supplier retrieved the product and it is our understanding they destroyed all impacted products," a spokesperson said.
Therefore the recall is not a danger to consumers.
The 13-ounce bags of Great Value Restaurant Style White Corn Tortilla Chips may contain metal, according to a notification sent by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The chips were sold at Walmart stores in Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
This initiative has been classified as a Class II recall by the FDA. That means it's "a situation in which use of or exposure to a violative product may cause temporary or medically reversible adverse health consequences or where the probability of serious adverse health consequences is remote."
Because Shearer's Foods initiated the recall late February, the chips are unlikely to be on Walmart shelves—but they may still be lurking inside your pantry. The recalled items have a lot code of 112051## or 123051## and a "Best By" date of May 23, 2022.
No other information, such as if there had been any injuries or illnesses related to the recall or how it was discovered, were provided. Eat This, Not That! has reached out to Walmart for more details.
This isn't the only food recall that you should be aware of before your next shopping trip. These Grocery Products Are Being Pulled From Shelves in 15 States.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again