If You Have These Sandwiches In Your Fridge, Throw Them Out Now
MG Foods is recalling more than 30 types of turkey sandwiches due to possible Listeria contamination, according to a notice from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The sandwiches were sold in clear plastic wedges and paper bags in vending machines and micro-markets located in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and West Virginia between March 3 and March 5, 2021. The presence of Listeria was uncovered during routine environmental testing on surface areas where the sandwiches were made. The products were subsequently removed from all retail locations by the end of the day on March 5, the FDA says. (Related: The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now)
Some of the recalled sandwiches were sold at the Charlotte Douglas Airport in North Carolina, including the MG Foods Combo Half & Half sandwich, the Turkey & Cheddar BLT, and the Turkey & Swiss Croissant. Impacted products sold at other locations include the Fresh to You Club on Toast, Fresh to You Ham & Turkey Combo, Fresh to You Market Club, Fresh to You Cranberry Pita, and more. All have a "use by" date of either 3/7/2021 or 3/9/2021.
If you purchased any of these products, you should discard them immediately, per the FDA. Symptoms of a Listeria infection can begin one to four weeks after consumption, according to the CDC. However, some people have reported starting to see symptoms up to 70 days after exposure.
Consuming food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause abdominal pain, diarrhea, headache, high fever, nausea, and stiffness in healthy individuals. In pregnant women, it may also cause miscarriages or stillbirths.
This isn't the only recall you should be aware of right now. If You Bought These Pretzels or If This Pork Is In Your Fridge, throw them both out now. To get all of the latest food safety news delivered straight to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again