This Trader Joe's Item May Contain Plastic, Company Says
Packages of a ready-to-eat chicken salad product sold at Trader Joe's are being recalled because they may contain hard plastic, according to a public health alert issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The issue is related to the salad dressing used in the items, which is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The affected Crunchy Slaw with Chicken, Crispy Noodles & Peanut Dressing products were sold at Trader Joe's stores in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah. "No injuries have been reported to date, and all potentially affected product has been removed from sale," the retailer said in a recall notice posted to its website on March 10.
Impacted items have a SKU# of 94988 and a "Use By Date" of 03/02/22 through 3/12/22. The chicken salad products were packaged in clear plastic containers. Though they're no longer on store shelves, check to make sure they aren't lurking in your fridge.
"If you purchased any Crunchy Slaw with Chicken, Crispy Noodles & Peanut Dressing, please do not eat it," TJ's says in the announcement. "We urge you to discard the product or return it to any Trader Joe's for a full refund." (The slaw retails for around $6.)
Unfortunately, this isn't the only recall announced by a major grocery chain as of late. 25,500+ bags of tortilla chips sold at Walmart are being recalled because they may contain metal. The FDA alerted shoppers to a Class II recall involving bags of Great Value Restaurant Style White Corn Tortilla Chips sold in five states.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again