This Dine-In Burger Chain Will Expand With 300 New Locations
Following the footsteps of Wendy's, BurgerFi, and dozens of other fast-food and dine-in restaurant chains, TGI Fridays will be expanding its reach with hundreds of new locations through ghost kitchens.
The chain announced that its burgers, steaks, and iconic appetizer plates will be available at 300 ghost kitchens operated by Reef Technology, one of the fastest-growing ghost kitchen hubs in the industry. Reef's locations in the United States, Canada, and other international markets will onboard TGI Fridays menus over the next five years.
This year, the partnership will launch the first 50 locations, with its inaugural one opening in Miami, while about half of the 300 new locations will be opening abroad. Reef will serve as the dine-in chain's franchisee.
"Our partnership with REEF brings with it a unique opportunity to deliver Fridays to more guests around the world," said TGIF CEO Ray Blanchette. "REEF is essentially a launching pad to deliver that Fridays feeling while prioritizing convenience and quality."
TGI Fridays currently operates about 850 units, 340 of which are spread out throughout the United States, according to Restaurant Business. The deal will bring TGI's menu items to underserved markets across the country, where customers will be able to get takeout from Reef's restaurant-less, delivery-only parking lot locations. The pod-like units serve urban communities without expensive brick-and-mortar stores.
The ghost kitchen operator has also onboarded brands like Nathan's Famous, 800 Degrees Pizza, and Bennigan's. Most recently, it announced a major new partnership with Wendy's, and the burger chain will be opening 700 ghost kitchen locations worldwide in the coming years.
For more, check out:
- Chick-fil-A's New Virtual Brands Will Feature "Hundreds of Menu Options"
- 7 Fast-Food Chains That Are On a Quiet Decline
- Starting Next Year, California Is Banning This From Restaurant Orders
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu