Taco Bell's Most Popular Temporary Item Is Coming Back This Week
The speculations we've reported on last month have now been confirmed by Taco Bell: the chain's super popular Nacho Fries are returning to the menu this week.
The beloved fries make an appearance at Taco Bell each year, and the last time we were able to enjoy them was last summer. Now, they're making another theatrical splash accompanied by a new faux movie trailer created for the occasion. This year's Fry Again is a crowd-sourced idea depicting a time loop story, where the main character is stuck repeating the same day over and over again, so she can continue enjoying Nacho Fries.
For more fast-food news, check out Taco Bell Is Bringing Back This Iconic Frozen Treat After 7 Years.
Of all the menu tweaks that Taco Bell does, Nacho Fries are its #1 best-selling limited-time item. And it's easy to see why: these super crispy spuds are coated in bold Mexican spices and served with a side of hot nacho cheese dipping sauce. While they sometimes come in different iterations, like last year's loaded Taco-style, this time they're simply back as a good old naked base.
First launched in 2018, the fries became the most successful limited-time offer on the chain's menu, with more than 53 million orders sold during the initial run. To date, more than 350 million portions have been sold.
The fries will be available a la carte for $1.49 and in a $5.49 Nacho Fries Box featuring Beefy 5-layer Burrito, a Crunchy Taco, and a medium fountain drink. However, Rewards Members will be able to get them for free between March 24 and 26 with a minimum purchase of $1 through the chain's mobile app. They will also get early access to the fries through the app starting today, while the rest of the nation will find them in stores and online starting March 10.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu