Taco Bell Is Testing New Cheesy Menu Items
Customers, the media, and rival chains are all buzzing about Taco Bell's unusual taco-like chicken sandwich, but the fast-food giant isn't taking a break for a victory lap. Instead, the brand is already testing two new menu items featuring its latest buzzworthy ingredient: cheese curds.
Crispy Cheese Dippers and Crispy Cheese Nacho Fries both feature fried cheese curds in a tortilla chip coating, which is the same breading used on Taco Bell's fried chicken. A nine-piece order of the Crispy Cheese Dippers comes with a side of chipotle dipping sauce. If you order the Crispy Nacho Fries, your dippers come sitting on a throne of Taco Bell's enormously popular fries. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades)
While all of this sounds delicious, the initial rollout is unfortunately quite small. The two new items are only being offered at one Taco Bell location—131 E. Orangethorpe Ave. in Fullerton, Calif.—through March 10. Worry not, because they may eventually earn a spot on Taco Bell menus nationwide, according to Thrillist.
This latest creation was concocted as part of Taco Bell's Learning Labs project, which is basically the chain's test kitchen. Ranging from the logical to the outrageous, it's responsible for frankensteining Taco Bell's menu innovations, which it frequently tests out at the above California location. The company has been pretty tight-lipped about the novelties it has in store for us this year, but we do know that at least a few of them will involve fried chicken.
For more on the latest fast-food trends, check out 6 Most Anticipated Fast-Food Menu Items Launching This Year. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get all of the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu