This New Starbucks Drink Comes With Actual Cake on Top
A limited-edition summer beverage has just been added to the Starbucks menu, and it's perfect for those who love to have their dessert come in drink form. And also consider funnel cake the ideal summer food.
Strawberry Funnel Cake Frappuccino, the chain's latest concoction, is made with strawberry puree, whipped cream, and funnel cake-flavored frappuccino, but it's the topping that really sets this new Frapp apart—pieces of an actual powdered sugar funnel cake.
The drink is part of Starbucks' As Summer As Possible menu, which debuted in the United States and Canada on May 11. Another novelty you'll find on there is the Unicorn Cake Pop, which is returning for the warm-weather season, as well as existing beverages like Caramel Ribbon Crunch and Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccinos, a variety of colorful Starbucks Refreshers, including the Dragon Drink, Pink Drink, Mango Dragonfruit, and Strawberry Açaí Lemonade.
Starbucks recently added oat milk as another alternative to dairy on its menu, which joins soy, coconut, and almond milk options. The popularity of oat milk and Starbucks' new beverages featuring it—the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso and the Honey Oatmilk Latte—caused a temporary shortage of Oatly's signature product across the country.
For more, check out We Tasted Every Starbucks Frappuccino and This Is the Best, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu