This Popular Soda Tastes "Spicy" at McDonald's, Customers Say
According to the internet, one of McDonald's fountain drinks is not like the others. While all drink options at the fast-food chain lead a pretty boring, low-key existence (except for Hi-C, which has the ability to start a fan frenzy), one of them has become an internet meme and a trending topic on Twitter last week.
Not to mention, a recent taste test by Refinery 29 has added even more evidence to the "yes, it's different" argument. The publication also offers up some possible explanations for the discrepancy in taste. For one, chains mix their own fountain beverages by combining carbonated water and flavoring syrup, a manual task that may produce uneven results. And for another, soda fountains have been found to be notoriously dirty which may or may not alter the flavor of soda over time.
Whatever the case, one TikTok user has spoken on all our behalfs: McDonald's, we need answers! Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu