If You Have This Popular Hummus In Your Fridge, Throw It Out Now
One of the most popular hummus brands at the grocery store is issuing a recall because their product could be contaminated with Salmonella. Around 2,100 cases of the 10oz Sabra Classic Hummus are involved.
A routine screening by the FDA of a single tub discovered potential Salmonella, prompting the hummus recall. No other Sabra products are included, and no illnesses or consumer complaints have been reported, according to the recall notice posted by the FDA. (Related: The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.)
The tubs were produced on Feb. 10 and have a "Best Before" date of April 26 and a UPC code of 300067. They were sold in 16 states including Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Indiana, Mississippi, Maine, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, New Jersey, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
The notice says that since the product is over halfway through its shelf life, it may not be available to purchase anymore. However, if you have it in your fridge, you should stop eating it and throw it out or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Symptoms of a Salmonella infection include diarrhea, stomach cramping, and a fever. They can develop as early as 12 hours after exposure and as late as 72 hours after. Severe cases can require hospitalization. Older adults, children, and those with weakened immune systems are more at risk for these.
Another recall was just announced, this time for a product sold exclusively at Costco — salmon burgers.
To get all the latest grocery store and recall news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again