Popeyes Just Announced Its First Celeb Collaboration On a New Item
The fried chicken chain is partnering with Megan Thee Stallion on a new Hottie Sauce and a line of merchandise. But the musician is also becoming Popeyes' business partner and will be opening some of her own Popeyes restaurants as a franchisee.
The Hottie Sauce will launch nationwide and in 14 countries around the globe on October 19. Developed by Megan and the Popeyes' culinary team, the new sauce is a sweet and spicy mix of honey, cider vinegar, and Aleppo pepper. The chain will be serving it on its popular chicken sandwiches as well as a dipping sauce for its new chicken nuggets.
Accompanying the sauce, Megan-themed merchandise will launch on the same day at 12 p.m. EST, and will include bikinis, long sleeve shirts, hats, tumblers, and even Popeyes chicken tenders plush dog toys. Popeyes Rewards members will get exclusive first access to Thee Heat line, but anticipating a major demand among fans, the chain has already announced two more merch lines dropping throughout November. To stay on top of these releases, you can sign up at TheeHottieSauce.com and receive updates & notifications about upcoming drops.
Megan Thee Stallion's entrepreneurial endeavor with Popeyes was characterized by the chain's president Sami Siddiqui as a one-of-a-kind collaboration in fast food, one that "goes well beyond the average marketing collaboration."
"I'm appreciative of Popeyes commitment to empowering Black women and look forward to opening Popeyes Restaurants," the rapper said. "Teaming up with Popeyes is such a milestone in my journey and evolution as an entrepreneur. I've always been a fan of the Popeyes brand and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to join the brand and help create the new Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Sauce for their line-up."
For more, check out:
- McDonald's Just Announced Its Next Major Celebrity Meal
- 7 Celeb-Endorsed Fast-Food Meals That Drove Fans Crazy
- Martha Stewart Just Joined This Popular Burger Chain
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu