Pepsi Just Launched Its First Flavored Soda in Half a Decade
Pepsi has a fun history of innovation that dates back decades. Every '90s kid remembers Crystal Pepsi, which tasted like your average old Pepsi—except it was crystal clear. The soda maker hasn't dropped a new permanent flavor since 2016, but the long wait is officially over this week with the release of Pepsi Mango.
If you're mad about mango, Pepsi notes that its new soda cans have a "splash" of real fruit juice. A 12-ounce can contains 150 calories, 41 grams of sugar, and 95 milligrams of sodium. The drink also comes in a zero-calorie version.
For Pepsi, there's something else that's meaningful about mango: It's decidedly not coffee, a flavor which longtime rival Coke released earlier this year with the release of Coca-Cola with Coffee. Pepsi had plans to launch Pepsi Café last spring before ultimately hitting the brakes.
With Pepsi Mango, the company appears to be targeting an international audience—perhaps those who love travel, the tropics, and that sense of anticipation that comes with tasting something new. "Mango is one of the most popular fruits in the world, and it serves as the perfect complement to Pepsi, creating an irresistible combination that our fans can enjoy everywhere throughout the year," Todd Kaplan, vice president of marketing, said.
For more, check out The Absolute Easiest Way to Cut a Mango, According to a Chef. And to get all of the latest news for your grocery list delivered straight to your inbox each day, sign up for our newsletter.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again