America's Biggest Brewery Is Launching This for the First Time Ever
If vodka is your spirit of choice when you order a drink, data suggests you share this preference with more than half of U.S. consumers. You might also be excited to catch the latest buzz on what Anheuser-Busch has been up to—check out how this major American brewery is suddenly shaking things up for the cocktail-drinking crowd.
Anheuser-Busch has announced NÜTRL Vodka Seltzer, which the brand says is "made with real vodka, real juice, real seltzer—and nothing else." A rep for the brewery tells Eat This, Not That! that the company has launched NÜTRL due to consumer demand. In fact, "more than half of U.S. consumers prefer vodka as their base in ready-to-drink beverages," the rep says, citing data from the global beverage analytics company, IWSR.
NÜTRL Vodka Seltzer appears to have been created in 2013 by a distillery in greater Vancouver and sold in Canada as "NÜTRL Vodka Soda." The U.S. version's positioning as a "seltzer" beverage makes it Anheuser-Busch's first play in the spirits-based hard seltzer game. (The fall release of the NÜTRL news also seems noteworthy, since announcements about alcoholic seltzers tends to get overcrowded in warm-weather months.)
Whatever you call them, NÜTRL is said to differ from A-B's Cutwater, which fans know as ready-to-drink canned cocktails that are blended with tequila, vodka, gin, rum, or whiskey.
NÜTRL Vodka Seltzer's flavor range includes pineapple, raspberry, and watermelon, all which contain 4.5% alcohol by volume. The brand reports that the drink is available in the following states: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Washington, D.C, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas, and Washington.
Get the Eat This, Not That! newsletter for the food and bev news you need.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again