This Popular Pasta Chain Restaurant Is Raising Prices Starting Next Week
Following in the path of several fast-food and full-service restaurant chains that have announced price increases on their menus, one of America's favorite pasta chains confirmed it would be hiking up its prices due to higher commodity costs and overall inflation.
Noodles & Company will be raising its prices next week and customers can expect a 3% increase on their check totals, according to Restaurant Business. This is the second price increase for the chain this year, the first one, at 2.5%, rolled out earlier this year. Not to mention, the chain's prices are about 17% higher when food is ordered via third-party delivery apps.
According to the chain's CEO, this should be the last price increase at the chain for a while. "We don't necessarily have plans to revisit pricing and to have further price increases during the balance of this year," Dave Boenighausen said. "But we do feel that we have left, we have some dry powder left, that we still have … pricing flexibility if we need to flex it. But we don't expect to."
The 450-restaurant brand is attempting to offset higher costs of food and labor, as well as high costs of to-go packaging, which is currently also being used for dining on premises.
But the chain is seeing record sales numbers this year, with second quarter same-store sales increasing by 56.8% compared to 2020, and 8.3% compared to 2019.
Noodles & Company has also recently announced plans for accelerated growth, which will be achieved via their return to franchising—something the company has been slow-moving on for years. According to Restaurant Business, there are plans for 10 to 15 new locations by the end of the year, and about 70% of all new units will include order ahead drive-thru windows.
For more, check out:
- These 4 Fast-Food Chains Have Raised Their Prices the Most
- Taco Bell is Experiencing Major National Shortages of These Ingredients
- This Super Popular Asian Fast-Food Chain Just Debuted In America
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu