Meghan Markle has always been something of a trendsetter, with fans hanging on her every move from her days on Suits to her more recent role as a royal. However, there's one surprising trend the Duchess of Sussex has sparked without even trying: a major frozen yogurt rush.
On Sunday, March 7, Markle and her husband, Prince Harry, sat down for a groundbreaking interview on CBS with Oprah Winfrey in which the couple divulged why they'd been eager to leave the U.K. and the pressures of royal life behind. However, it wasn't just Markle's candid admissions about her mental health and her treatment by members of the royal family's inner circle that had viewers captivated—they also noticed her shout-out to one particular frozen yogurt chain.
Explaining that she's been "a waitress, an actress, a princess, a duchess," Markle admitted that she'd always been career-oriented. "My first job was when I was 13 at a frozen yogurt shop called Humphrey Yogart," she told Winfrey.
Now, the frozen yogurt chain she mentioned—which has just one remaining location in a Gelson's supermarket in Sherman Oaks, CA—is being swarmed by Markle's fans, who are now posing for pictures outside of the store and waiting in massive lines for the shop's confections, TMZ reports. Amusingly enough, the shop they're mobbing isn't actually the one Markle worked at, which has since closed.
While Markle's decision to mention Humphrey Yogart has given the froyo shop's sales an undeniable boost, the brand isn't doing much to capitalize on the publicity. Humphrey Yogart posted a link to a single article mentioning the name-drop on their Facebook and created a flavor dubbed "Banana Royale" in honor of the famous pair, but are otherwise staying mum as the froyo orders roll in.
More content from Celeb News
- – 5 Healthy Eating Habits That Camila Cabello Swears By
- – What Maye Musk, Oldest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model, Eats to Stay in Shape at 74
- – The Eating Habit James Corden Swears By That Helped Him Lose Weight
- – 5 Eating Habits Meryl Streep Swears By to Feel Amazing at 72
- – This is Kendall Jenner's Exact Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- – How Randy Jackson Maintains His 100-Pound Weight Loss
- – Kris Jenner Shares How She Organizes Her Massive Fridge
- – These Are Ayesha Curry's 6 Weight Loss Secrets