McDonald's Just Became the #1 Fast-Food Chain For This Perk
Besides being the top dog of burgers and fries (at least according to sales), McDonald's has now earned another notable #1 spot in the American fast-food landscape. According to data reported by QSR Magazine, the chain has the most downloaded app in the quick-service industry, for the third month in a row.
With 3.2 million downloads in July, the chain is far ahead of its competitors—Starbucks is in second place with just under a million downloads, and Domino's in third with 871 thousand. And it isn't only about the number of people downloading the chain's app, but about the actual traffic on it: McDonald's is estimated to have hit a record 3 million active daily users in the U.S. in August.
July was a particularly successful month for the chain's digital platform. Thanks to the nationwide rollout of its new loyalty program, the number of McDonald's app downloads shot up by 1.6 million compared to June. My McDonald's Rewards, which can only be accessed through the app, already has 12 million registered users and is among the most popular loyalty programs in the industry.
For those who sign up, McDonald's has several treats in store, starting with a free order of fries. Then after placing the first order, customers get a choice between a complimentary vanilla cone, cheeseburger, McChicken, or hash browns. Beyond the initial free grub, points are earned with every order which can be redeemed for more free menu items down the line.
The chain said its rewards categories consist of four tiers, with the highest tier achieved at 6,000 points. This will get customers a free Big Mac, a Quarter Pounder with cheese, a Happy Meal, or a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.
For more, check out:
- Here's How New Items End Up On the McDonald's Menu, According to the CEO
- McDonald's Next Big Meal Collaboration Is Launching Tomorrow
- McDonald's Sales Are Soaring Thanks to These Two Launches
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu