McDonald's Is Trying Out a New "Sweet" Burger
There are scores of McDonald's menu items that even diehard fans of the chain have never heard of because they are simply not available on their home turf. American McDonald's fans, for example, have no access to the Ham n' Egg Twisty Pasta meal, for sale at McDonald's restaurants in Hong Kong. Or the Italian McDonald's Tomato & Mozzarella Turnovers, or the NYC Benedict Bagel, which is actually available in New Zealand, not New York.
While these and many other international McDonald's menu items are unlikely to ever make their way stateside, a more recent addition to a McDonald's menu in a market closer to home may prove an exception. The marketplace in question is Canada, and the new menu item is one punctuated by one of the country's biggest national products: maple syrup.
McDonald's Canada has just added a Maple BBQ Bacon Quarter Pounder to its menu, a new spin on the classic Quarter Pounder which certainly feels more like a premium item. It includes a creamy maple barbecue sauce, hickory-smoked bacon, crispy onions, pickles, and two slices of cheese, according to McDonald's Canada.
The new burger is a heavy-hitter, clocking in at 670 calories and with 41 grams of fat (including 16 grams of saturated fat) and 57% of your entire daily recommended value of sodium. At least it also delivers a solid 34 grams of protein and plenty of iron.
While McDonald's has not announced any plans to test the new maple-flavored burger in the United States, there have also been no statements about it necessarily remaining a Canadian exclusive. But even our northern neighbors will only get to enjoy this run of the Maple BBQ Bacon Quarter Pounder for a limited time.
For more, check out:
- McDonald's Is Rumored to Be Bringing Back This Super Popular Menu Item
- The #1 Type of Person You'll Find Eating at McDonald's, Data Says
- Here's How New Items End Up On the McDonald's Menu, According to the CEO
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu