McDonald's Is Adding a Craveable New Bakery Item to the Menu
Fall menu specials are beginning to crop up all over the quick-service industry, and McDonald's isn't one to be outdone in the fast-food popularity contest. So the chain is stepping up its game and has just announced a new fall menu item of its own, one that will bring a sweet, craveable softness to your morning routine.
Following up on the McCafé Bakery lineup additions of Apple Fritter, Blueberry Muffin, and Cinnamon Roll from last fall, which were actually the first pastry items to be added to the menu in a decade, McDonald's is debuting a new Glazed Pull Apart Donut. It's basically one big shareable donut, or several individual mini donuts, depending on how you look at it.
And while this seven-piece treat will make for a perfect morning pick-me-up, the donut will also be available all day long, just like the rest of the Bakery items. The move will hopefully replace the dearly-missed all day breakfast that the chain still hasn't brought back since the pandemic.
The new item will be available starting September 15 at participating nationwide locations but is unfortunately only joining the menu temporarily. It's the first limited-time addition to the Bakery lineup and could be a sign that McDonald's plans to invest more of its innovation efforts in this sweet arena.
The chain started experimenting with sweet baked goods in 1970, when Pittsburg-based franchise owner Jim Delligatti added sweet rolls and doughnuts to his restaurants' menus. The innovation took off and a nationwide breakfast was rolled out in 1977. It included the Egg McMuffin, hotcakes, toasted English muffin, scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, and Danish.
By 1986, McDonald's was serving one in every four American breakfasts not made at home.
For more, check out:
- The #1 Type of Person You'll Find Eating at McDonald's, Data Says
- McDonald's Just Became the #1 Fast-Food Chain For This Perk
- McDonald's Sales Are Soaring Thanks to These Two Launches
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu