McDonald's Just Announced a New Limited-Time Dessert
Today is National Caramel Day, and McDonald's is all in on celebrating this fun made-up holiday. A new caramel-laden treat is joining the fast-food chain's menu, but you'll have to wait until May to try it.
As the season of Shamrock Shakes and Oreo Shamrock McFlurries comes to an end, McDonald's announced that the Caramel Brownie McFlurry will debut on May 3—just in time for warmer weather. Think classic creamy vanilla soft serve with brownie pieces and caramel topping blended throughout. (RELATED: 7 New Fast-Food Chicken Sandwiches Everyone Is Talking About)
"As our fans rejoice in the changing of the seasons, we're excited to give them a new way to enjoy our most iconic dessert," McDonald's Chef Chad Schafer says. "In fact, the flavors in our new Caramel Brownie McFlurry are inspired by that first-warm-day-of-the-year feeling. The cool and creamy soft serve mixed with fudgy brownie pieces and sweet, gooey caramel makes every refreshing bite worth savoring."
Since this treat will grace menus for a limited time, it will only be available while supplies last. If you simply can't wait until May to quench your McFlurry thirst, you can always go for an M&M or Oreo McFlurry, which are always available on the chain's menu. Or, if you do want to continue enjoying a Shamrock Shake throughout the year, you can try out our copycat recipe at home.
For more from McDonald's, check out the 5 New Menu Items McDonald's Is Releasing This Year. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get all of the latest fast-food news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu