This French Bakery Chain Is Moving Into Walmart
As McDonald's conducts hundreds of closures of its Walmart locations, the big-box retailer is ready to test new food concepts that may entice their customers. Taco Bell and Domino's are two likely candidates for occupying at least some of the vacated restaurant spaces on Walmart's premises, but there are other smaller chains that are also in the running.
"We're very excited about Walmart's curated food service experience for customers," La Madeleine CEO Lionel Ladouceur said in a statement. "We look forward to making it even more convenient for the DFW community to enjoy the la Madeleine experience, while also introducing our French comfort food to Walmart shoppers that are looking for more diverse dining choices."
The first location is slated to open in July in Garland, Texas, and more will follow in Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Cleburne, and Granbury, as well as in the Dallas and Denton areas soon, according to Nation's Restaurant News.
For more on the latest news from chain restaurants, check out America's Largest Fast-Food Chain Is on a Downward Spiral, Reports Say and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu