America's Largest Grocery Chain Is Changing Its Mask Rule
With the Delta variant affecting different regions of the U.S. with varying degrees of severity, one major grocery chain is asking certain groups of people to mask up again. Here's what to know if you shop at any of their nearly 3,000 stores.
According to a report from Grocery Dive, effective last week, Kroger is now requiring all workers, including Kroger employees and outside contractors, to wear masks inside the chain's stores, office buildings, and other facilities. This is regardless of each individual's COVID-19 vaccination status, and it reportedly makes this the first significant masking mandate the chain has made since May. At that point, only unvaccinated employees were required to wear masks.
It's said the updated Kroger mask policy occurred based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Kroger's Chief Medical Officer, Marc Watkins, M.D. in response to the increased spread of the Delta variant since mid-summer.
How does this affect your grocery trip? Hopefully, it will cut down on your risk of COVID-19 exposure. Also, as Grocery Dive reports, Kroger released a statement with the following: "We continue to strongly encourage customers to wear masks to protect themselves and others, and to curb the spread of COVID-19. Where there are local and state mandates, we will continue to abide by those."
Our source suggests Kroger has asserted some of the strongest policies and promotions around COVID-19 in comparison to its competitors.
Sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter for grocery news you need.
Also, don't miss:
- These Two Popular Grocery Chains Are Closing Earlier Due to the Delta Variant
- Walmart Worker's Emotional Rant on Loudspeaker Goes Viral
- America's Largest Grocery Chain's Kale May Be Contaminated, and 6 Other Recalls to Know About This Week
- America's Third-Biggest Pizza Chain Is Opening Dozens of New Locations
- One Major Effect Gut Health Has on Your Blood Pressure, New Study Says
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again