Krispy Kreme Is Rewarding Vaccinated Customers With This Major Perk
After celebrating St. Patrick's Day by giving out free donuts, Krispy Kreme has found another occasion worthy of a donut-filled celebration: getting vaccinated. The chain announced today they will be treating anyone who presents their vaccination card with free donuts for a whole year!
The company said in a statement that customers who have received at least one of the shots of either Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine, will be eligible for a free sweet treat at participating locations nationwide, no other purchase required. However, you'll have to bring in your vaccination card as the vaccine sticker alone isn't enough to score the donut.
To make things even better, the giveaway is going to last the whole year, and eligible customers can get a free donut not once, not twice, but every single day for the rest of 2021. Now that's some commitment to the vaccine cause!
Krispy Kreme will also support those administering the shots, by delivering free donuts to vaccine centers across America. As for their own employees, they'll be getting up to four hours of paid time off to get vaccinated.
"We all want to get COVID-19 behind us as fast as possible and we want to support everyone doing their part to make the country safe by getting vaccinated as soon as the vaccine is available to them," Chief Marketing Officer Dave Skena said in a statement.
The announcement, naturally, sparked a debate on Twitter. Some users pointed out the irony of rewarding a positive health decision with an unhealthy treat, while others commended the chain for playing a part in ending the pandemic.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – The Best Dessert Menu in Every State
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States