This Beloved Southern Grocery Chain Is Opening New Locations in Texas
H-E-B is already known and loved in Texas, but there's one part of the Lonestar State that the chain hasn't conquered—until now. Stores in the Dallas area will officially open in 2022.
H-E-B already has more than 420 stores in 150 communities in Texas and northeast Mexico. Company-owned Central Market made its debut in Dallas in 2001, but H-E-B has been slow to follow. The two new flagship stores will become the first in the third-largest city in the state when they open in the fall of next year, the company says. (Related: Grocery Shortages To Expect in 2021, According to Experts)
One of the new H-E-B stores will be in Frisco, north of Dallas, on the northeast corner of Legacy Dr. and Main St. The other will be just south of Frisco in Plano, on the corner of Preston Rd. and Spring Creek Parkway, the company says.
"Our two new stores will feature the best of H-E-B with products and services our customers have come to love and expect," Juan-Carlos Rück, the executive vice president of the North West Food/Drug Division of H-E-B, says. "We are committed to ensuring these stores are a meaningful addition to the Frisco and Plano communities."
This isn't the only grocery chain making big moves lately. Amazon is opening almost 30 new grocery store locations, and Sprouts Farmers Market is opening up 20 new locations this year.
To get all of the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again