What pairs perfectly with a breezy spring evening or afternoon? Pasta, of course! Giada De Laurentiis's pasta primavera with roasted vegetables oozes with fresh, Italian flavor, and it's ready in just under an hour. The secret to this particular recipe is the roasted, caramelized veggies and Dario Cecchini's Tuscan Salt Blend. It's a mouthwatering flavor you don't want to miss!
Fresh roasted vegetables, caramelized until tender, are the star of this colorful springtime pasta dish. Roasted carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and other vegetables amp up the nutritional value and set the tone for a dish not soon forgotten.
Let's talk about the nutritional value for a moment. Most of us crave a light yet satisfying meal, and this one definitely fits that bill. Vegetables are packed with fiber and water that bulk up meals, satisfy hunger, and help maintain a healthy weight.
While most of us think of beta carotene when we imagine carrots, these root veggies are also filled with vitamin A, vitamin K, potassium, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. Surprising? Maybe, but carrots are also chock-full of heart-healthy antioxidants that help boost your immune system and strengthen your bones.
View this post on Instagram
Want more good news? Zucchini is low in fat, calories, and sugar and is packed with many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Since this recipe contains fresh zucchini, you can bet you'll get a dose of vitamin B6, lutein, zeaxanthin, folate, and vitamin A. These vitamins and antioxidants help regulate blood sugar and protect your eye health.
And let's not forget bell peppers. Their low calorie and high nutrient aspects make them an excellent nutritious food filled with vitamins A, B6, and E. One cup of these peppers contains 120 milligrams of vitamin C!
This nutrient-dense vitamin is a powerful and highly beneficial antioxidant. Vitamin C promotes a healthy heart, healthy skin, and aids in preventing cancer. Bell peppers are also higher in fiber, at two and a half grams per cup. (These are the Secret Effects of Eating Bell Peppers, Says Science).
Giada de Laurentiis also incorporates a special pasta known as Elicoidali into this recipe. Elicoidali is a medium-sized Italian tube pasta with slightly curved ridges similar to rigatoni. If you don't have it in your cupboard, penne or rigatoni pasta will do the trick.
We'll share the recipe now that we've explained why this pasta dish is fantastic. This recipe was initially seen in the Italian Vegetables episode of Food Network's Everyday Italian.
Giada De Laurentiis's Pasta Primavera With Roasted Vegetables
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 peeled carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow squash, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow and 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence, dried Italian herbs, or Dario Cecchini Tuscan Salt Blend
- 1 pound Elicoidali pasta or Rigatoni
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet, toss the vegetables with salt, pepper, oil, and herbs to coat. Transfer half the mixture to another large baking sheet and arrange evenly between the two sheets.
- Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 to 25 minutes total.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- Toss the vegetable mixture and pasta in a large bowl to combine. Add the cherry tomatoes and enough reserved liquid to moisten, and toss.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
For more on this star, check out 9 Healthy Eating Habits Giada De Laurentiis Swears By.
More content from Celeb News
- – 5 Healthy Eating Habits That Camila Cabello Swears By
- – What Maye Musk, Oldest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model, Eats to Stay in Shape at 74
- – The Eating Habit James Corden Swears By That Helped Him Lose Weight
- – 5 Eating Habits Meryl Streep Swears By to Feel Amazing at 72
- – This is Kendall Jenner's Exact Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- – How Randy Jackson Maintains His 100-Pound Weight Loss
- – Kris Jenner Shares How She Organizes Her Massive Fridge
- – These Are Ayesha Curry's 6 Weight Loss Secrets