If You Have These Veggies in Your Freezer, Throw Them Out Now
Bags of frozen vegetables from GraceKennedy Foods (GK Foods USA) were voluntarily recalled because they could contain small pieces of blue plastic, according to a notice on the FDA's website.
There have been no reports of any illnesses, Derrick Reckord, the president and CEO of GK Foods USA, says. However, it is labeled as a Class 2 Recall, which means there's "a remote probability of adverse health effects" from consumption. (Related: The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now)
"GK Foods USA wishes to assure consumers that their safety is always considered paramount," Reckord says. "Providing safe, high-quality products remains our number one priority."
More than 180 cases of the 16-ounce bags of bell peppers and onions were shipped to and sold at retail stores in the Northeast. No other batches of frozen vegetables are included in the recall.
The white bags have a batch number of KR043021 and a "best before" date of March 2023. Both can be located on the back panel of the packaging near the UPC bar code. Anyone who purchased the frozen veggies and has them in their freezer should throw them away. They also can be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund.
This isn't the only recall you need to know about before your next trip to the supermarket—If You Have These Breakfast Bars, Throw Them Out Now. And to get all of the latest food safety and grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again