McDonald's Has the Fewest Locations in This State
If you're looking out for those iconic Golden Arches synonymous with a McDonald's restuarant, you might find yourself on quite a search roaming through the 70,704 square miles that make up the state of North Dakota. With just 28 McDonald's locations throughout the whole state at present, North Dakota is the state with the fewest McDonald's restaurants in the whole country.
Fargo, the most populous city in North Dakota, has 9 McDonald's locations, the most of any urban area in the state. But for some perspective, the city of Houston, Texas alone has 138 McDonald's locations, according to Business of Business. Granted, with a population of more than 2.31 million people, Houston is home to approximately three times the population of the entire state of North Dakota, which has some 770,000 residents.
In terms of per capita locations, North Dakota surprisingly ties with New York, both states having just 3.1 McDonald's restaurants per 100,000 people, according to data sourced from the United States Census Bureau and shared by the company Nice Rx. Only two states, New Jersey and Rhode Island, have fewer McDonald's locations per person, with 2.9 units per 100,000 people each.
The state with the most overall McDonald's locations is currently California, which has 1,252 outlets according to data company Scrape Hero, while West Virginia has the most locations per capita, with 5.8 units per 100,000 residents.
For the latest on McDonald's, check out This Little Known Fact About McDonald's Chicken Nuggets Stuns Customers, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu