7,464 Packages of This Snack Are Being Urgently Recalled From Kroger Stores
More than 7,000 units of Torn & Glasser dark chocolate-covered espresso beans are being recalled because they could contain walnuts, according to a notice posted by the FDA. Anyone who consumes the beans and has an allergy or sensitivity to this nut could have a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction.
The espresso beans in the recall come in clear plastic 12-ounce tubs with a green leaf on the label. They were sold at Kroger stores like Arlan's, Dillions, Food For Less, Fry's Food Stores, Fred Meyer, Mariano's, Ralphs, Roundy's Chicago, and Smiths starting on March 3, 2020, in 30 states. For a full list, check out the FDA's website.
The company issued the recall after an investigation revealed that the wrong label was used in the production process. "Product containing walnuts was packaged in a container that the top label listed Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and the bottom label listed Dark Chocolate Walnuts," the notice says.
The tubs in the recall have a UPC number of 0 72488 99868 1 and a lot number of 777739. If you have these dark chocolate-covered espresso beans, you should either throw them out now or return them to your place of purchase for a full refund.
Unfortunately, this isn't the only recall impacting big-name grocery stores and products right now. A Hostess treat, a popular pet food, and more than211,000 pounds of ground turkey are all being recalled right now. To get all of the latest grocery store and dangerous recall news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots