America's Largest Country Restaurant Chain Just Debuted 2 New Bacon Dishes
Next time you have a hankering for some bacon, you might want to try the new menu offerings at a fan-favorite destination. Already known for its indulgent selection of old-fashioned eats, America's largest country restaurant chain is busy rolling out some serious bacon innovations.
Can you smell what Cracker Barrel is cooking? The chain, which boasts nearly 700 restaurants in 45 states, just unveiled two brand-new dishes that suggest bacon is a staple at any time of day—not just breakfast.
Hot off the griddle, you can snag an order of Bacon n' Egg Hashbrown Casserole. To create this menu item, Cracker Barrel adds layers of hickory-smoked bacon, Colby cheese, and scrambled eggs to its beloved hashbrown casserole. Next, this "hearty" dish is topped with diced tomatoes, fried onions, and scallions. In case that didn't sound filling enough, it's served with warm buttermilk biscuits.
Cracker Barrel is also launching a new Bacon Mac n' Cheese, which is available as a premium side. You can now enjoy the chain's creamy version of this iconic pasta dish with four new fixings loaded on top: crispy bacon bites, parmesan cheese, parsley, and scallions.
"Care is at the heart of all we do to make the guest experience unique at Cracker Barrel, and part of that is continuing to innovate and offer new menu additions like the flavorful Bacon Mac n' Cheese," Jennifer Tate, senior vice president and chief marketing officer at Cracker Barrel, says. "This fall, we look forward to our guests returning to our stores to enjoy these brand-new items, as well as fan favorites that are all crafted with care—our secret ingredient."
Though these dishes are made with care, you may want to be careful about how often you enjoy them. Cracker Barrel uses the word hearty to describe the Bacon n' Egg Hashbrown Casserole, but a closer look reveals it's not all that heart-healthy. One serving contains 980 calories, 61 grams of fat, 59 grams of carbohydrates, and 1,820 grams of sodium.
The baconless Mmmm Mac n' Cheese on Cracker Barrel's Kid menu has 540 calories, 31 grams of fat, 45 grams of carbohydrates, and 1410 milligrams of sodium. With bacon added to the mix, the new version of this comfort food suddenly sounds less comforting.
- This Southern-Inspired Chicken Chain Just Opened Its 200th U.S. Location
- The #1 Best Food to Reduce Inflammation and Slow Aging, Experts Say
- This Walmart Bakery Item Was Just Recalled in 23 States, Says FDA
- This Major Coffee Chain Is Launching 5 New Fall Drinks Next Week
- These 12 Cancers Are Linked to a Bad Diet, Doctor Says
To get all of the latest news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – The Best Themed Restaurant in Every State
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – The Best Dessert Menu in Every State
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers