Costco Just Told Members This Grocery Essential is Delayed
Costco is having trouble keeping up with toilet paper demand again, a year and a half after the supply vanished from every grocery store in America when the pandemic started. The warehouse chain recently alerted members to considerable shipping issues that are leading to online order delays.
Members who purchased toilet paper on Costco's website recently received an email from the company that says that "Due to increased volumes, you may see a slight delay in the processing of this order," according to FOX Business.
Usually Costco offers same-day or two-day delivery on grocery items. Right now there is no mention of a delay when browsing TP options because a follow-up email is reportedly sent with tracking information after the order is complete and is shipped. While there is no information about exactly how long members are currently waiting to get toilet paper at Costco, unfortunately, those who want to head into the warehouse to get some instead are also in for a rude awakening.
Back in August Costco placed a purchase limit on toilet paper as well as over a dozen other items to try and keep up with the demand and shortages seemed likely. Members are saying on social media that they were only able to buy one pack of toilet paper at the warehouse if there was even some left and that it is starting to feel like March 2020 all over again.
In the email sent out to those who purchased some recently, Costco says it is "working to fulfill everything as quickly as possible" FOX Business says. Eat This, Not That! reached out to Costco for more information about the toilet paper delays and how long it is taking for members to get their online orders, but the company declined to comment.
For more info about what's happening at your local warehouse, read these next:
- The Worst Costco Bakery Items to Buy This Fall
- Healthier Costco Bakery Swaps to Make At Home
- Costco is Already Selling This Insanely Popular Holiday Treat
- Costco Changed the Recipe For This Beloved Bakery Item, Customers Say
And to get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again