Costco Just Issued a Quality Alert for This Type of Milk
The Kirkland Signature Organic Lactose-Free Milk is safe to consume, but a notice revealed that the product "has not met quality standards." The supplier notified Costco of the quality issue, though additional information about what prompted the alert was not provided. According to Costco, only warehouses in the Bay area in California were impacted by the issue.
"If you have purchased Kirkland Signature Lactose-Free Milk with a USE BY date of August-28-21 and the item did not meet your expectations please return units with a USE BY date of August28-21 to your local Costco for a full refund," the notice says. "Additional information can be provided by emailing [email protected] or calling 800-854- 3243 Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 3:00 pm Pacific."
The 2% reduced-fat milk, which is sold in a three-pack of half-gallon cartons, comes from cows not treated with rBST, a type of growth hormone, according to Costco's website.
This isn't the only recall that's impacting members of the warehouse chain. Other products that were recently the subject of recalls include black beans, dark chocolate-covered pistachios, and more.
To get all of the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
For more Costco news, check out:
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again