Costco Is Selling a Frozen Version of This Sold-Out Tea
There's a nationwide shortage of the tapioca balls that give boba tea its name, but if you're a Costco member you're in luck. The warehouse chain is selling a frozen version of the milky treat, and it's filled with tiny, flavor-filled orbs.
The Brown Sugar Boba Ice Milk Bars come in packs of 12, and while they aren't a new product, they may be a nice substitute if you have a boba tea craving. Instagram user @costco_doesitagain recently spotted them at the warehouse for $13.99. (Related: Costco Foods You Should Always Avoid, According to Nutritionists)
The boba shortage is taking place because of shipping blockages on the West Coast. While restaurants that serve boba tea are already preparing, Costco doesn't have to worry. Shoppers say they're excited to try the bars in the Instagram comments, but reviews are divided elsewhere online.
One Redditor user finds the Brown Sugar Boba Ice Cream Milk Bars at Costco to be disappointing. Another user says they're OK, but they make them thirsty. And a third person says they're more "gummy" than ice cream like.
If you're looking to stock up on any type of boba you can (despite the reviews), you'll have to go into the warehouse to pick these up. Unfortunately, they aren't listed on Costco's website at this time.
For more on what the warehouse chain has in store for you on your next trip, here are the 10 Popular Products Coming Back To Costco This Year. And to get all of the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again