The One Costco Food That's Soaring in Demand
Pork prices are climbing, and Costco is struggling to keep up with the high demand for bacon, the discount retail chain's chief financial officer recently revealed on a call with investors.
"Bacon is up 45% in pounds," Richard Galanti told Fox Business. "For whatever reason, there is a lot of demand there, so there is a little bit of a challenge."
An increase in supply prices plus a higher demand usually means that customers are forced to pay more, but Galanti said Costco would try to delay price increases for as long as possible. (Related: Here are the Grocery Shortages To Expect in 2021, According to Experts.)
According to Fox Business, pork prices are currently high for several reasons: an illness impacting herds in Iowa and Minnesota; the African swine fever in China; and rising inflation as the economy recovers from the pandemic. Since consumers are still steadily buying bacon and pork, experts believe that the industry will become stronger, even as inflation remains unsteady as the economy recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Because Costco's warehouses are the ultimate destination to stock up on household staples, some products sell out quickly—even when we're not in the middle of a pandemic. To avoid surprises on your next grocery shopping trip, we've assembled all of these items in one place. Without further ado, here are the 5 Most Popular Products At Costco Right Now. And to get all of the latest Costco news delivered straight to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again